Yes, we all want to start anew this 2014 and we wouldn't want to slip into bad habits creating nasty patterns. We want to move forward and make the most out of what life has to offer. So here are a couple of quotes to keep me afloat, keep me going, help me look at the bright side of life this 2014. And I hope these inspire you too.
- And maybe, a happy ending doesn't include a guy. Maybe it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is just moving on.
- There is no such thing as a "broken family." Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you. ~ C. JoyBell C.
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. ~Aristotle Onassis
- Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life. ~Omar Khayyam
- I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. ~Groucho Marx
- Satisfaction is not always the fulfillment of what you want; it is the realization of how blessed you are for what you have.
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'! ~Audrey Hepburn
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. ~Elbert Hubbard
- Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. ~ Khalil Gibran
- Friends are the family you choose ~ Jess C. Scott
- Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. ~Jim Rohn
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go. ~Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. ~Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
- Each one of them is Jesus in disguise. ~ Mother Teresa
- Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfill it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is too precious, do not destroy it. Life is life, fight for it. ~Mother Teresa
- That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
- Sometimes it’s very hard to move on, but once you move on, you’ll realize it was the best decision you’ve ever made.
- Be strong enough to let go and patient enough to wait for what you deserve.
- Don't waste your time looking back for what you have lost, move on for life wasn't meant to be traveled backwards.
- It is the power of thought that gives man power over nature. ~Hans Christian Anderson
- We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. ~Gautama Siddharta
- Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results. ~Willie Nelson
- With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you fromgrowing. You get to choose. ~ Dr. Wayne W Dyer
- When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray. ~ Rumi
- Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail. ~ Og Mandino
I hope you would be inspired with these quotes. Let's all make 2014 the best year with our best selves!
Note: Quotes are from all over the internet and quotes without names have unknown authors.