Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bye 2013, Hello 2014!

Whew! 2013 has been a year full of surprises.

For the past year, I was faced with so many challenges, I received tons of blessings and a huge wrecking ball most commonly known as heartache broke me down into tiny little pieces. (Hold that thought. This is the last day of the year and I just want to exhaust all negative vibes so my new year will be filled with only positive ones so let me be.)

Let's start with my lighter sentiments, the things I am most thankful for. First off, I want to thank You (my God, my universe) for being there for me whenever I needed you. At times when I felt that I was abandoned, You  were there and You saved me. 

I am also very grateful for the family I have. I know the road to where we are today was very rough but they did not hesitate to take me in when my world fell apart. My mom and dad would just listen to me and hold me as I cried buckets. They also did their best to take my mind off my sadness. My brothers who were usually a pain in the ass always drives for me whenever I ask them to come and get me for a rescue mission. 

I wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't for my beauty queen bestfriend. Bes, thank you so much for being there for me constantly. Who would have known that we would grow closer even if we are hundreds of miles away from each other?

And to my other best friends with super hearts, thank you. I know you rarely see me broken and a mess, but thank you for still sticking with me when the times got rough.

The people at work are also something I am thankful for. The comradeship we have is something I will never forget. Even if there are some office problems, I think everything can be solved with an open mind and open hearts. I thank you all for believing in me and trusting me.

And there are also other people who made an impact in my life. A family that I will always think of as good, generous and loving. They know who they are. I will not be here standing as me if it weren't for their help and love.

And lastly, I am still thankful that I met the person who broke my heart. Except for the breaking my heart part, you should know that you are the best thing that ever happened to me. I am so sorry for all the shortcomings and mistakes I made. I will forever treasure the friendship and love we had. Those years we had were a huge chunk of my life. I laughed, I cried, I learned, I grew up, I loved, I got hurt, I became stronger, wiser. I will never wish to the universe to erase that part of my life. And as the new year unfolds, I wish I can finally be able to forgive you. And I truly wish from the deep of my heart that you find happiness.

(Ok, so that drained me a little bit. I guess this is it.)

So cheers to another new year and let's all start 2014 with smiles in our hearts and love for the people around us. Leave all the trash and baggage to yesterday and make every day the best day you could ever have.

Happy new year and may you be showered with love and blessings all year round!


No comments:

Post a Comment