Friday, March 23, 2012

Boracay 2012

*another long overdue post*

This is only my second time to Boracay. But boy oh boy, it’s very different from my first experience. For one, this is a company outing, a reward for good sales and performance. Yey, for qualifying! Second, we took the Kalibo route. That’s an additional two-hour bus ride to Caticlan, after almost an hour of delay because of runway traffic. Did not matter though since I was asleep most of the time. And lastly, for this trip, I had no wallet!  I went shopping the day before and left my wallet in Tani’s bag.  I just had a couple of hundreds at home and my lola was in Philam so I had no one to borrow money from.  

Nevertheless, I had a great time.  It was fun to mingle with my colleagues, some about my age, some older by at least 10 years.


with my colleagues
:)
sunset. photo courtesy of ms. ann.
We stayed at Willy’s in station 1 and our room was so convenient since it was on the first floor.  We hit the beach right away and enjoyed the sun.  Noeme and I went for a walk and guess who we spotted? Dennis Trillo and Bianca King sporting a tan and holding hands.

Dinner buffet at Astoria was definitely a treat. I loved the different kinds of salad and the grilled seafood! There was a band and one of our Beauty Advisers sang a couple of songs. And as usual, the fire dance.  I was even asked to stand in front while the balls of fire were dancing in front of me, just a couple of inches from my face. I was so freaked that my pictures sucked big time. Haha.  There was also a little bit of dancing.  But the spotlight was on a middle-aged Korean or Taiwanese lady. Now, this lady joined our group when we were dancing. She had really funny and exaggerated dance moves and her energy was unbeatable.
Myra with the Asian lady
The second day was valentine’s day and island-hopping day.  We went snorkeling.  I was one of the first who jumped since some of our companions were a bit hesitant.  I was also one of the few who went back to the boat early since I was not that fascinated with the marine life. I’ve seen better reefs and fabuluous fish in Coron, Puerto Galera and Batangas (I’ve been snorkeling since I was about ten years old). We had lunch in a shack in one of the islands and then we visited Crystal Cove. Now, that’s a first time for me.  The place was beautiful. We had tons of photos in this place. Check out this gif, it’s so funny! Let the waves roll in!

Find me. I'm the one without a life jacket.
The buko vendor
JUMP!

After the long and exhausting boat ride, we ended the afternoon with a banana boat ride! Woohoo!

For the evening, we had dinner at The Sandbar. Food was pretty ok and the fire dance was a bit of a drag. Hearts and glitters were a bit overrated. Even so, we had a good time partying at Cocomangas. Went back to the hotel extremely tired and dozed off instantly.

Valentine's dinner
Party rock!

Last day was really crazy.  A tiring two-hour bus ride back to Kalibo and then lunch at Sampaguita Gardens. I had to lead half of the group since we were split into two batches. I had a little trouble since they were so excited to take pictures and it took quite some time before the tour started.  Because of exhaustion, I had to really control my patience and I was on the verge of snapping.

At the airport, we bought crabs. I bought “2 kilos” for only P400. Still worth it even if there was something fishy with the weighing scale.

This trip was indeed worth the effort we exerted. I wonder where next year will take us?

Bye! Where to next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment