Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cheers to the graduates!

'Tis the graduation season once again. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, will celebrate the relief (or not) of finishing college.

I have two brothers who graduated this March. Louie graduated with a Management degree from Ateneo de Manila University and Marty graduated from high school from ADMU as well. Before any other sentiments come pouring out, I want the world to know that I am so proud of the both of you!

Let's start with Louie, or Luis, as his friends call him. Louie is two years younger than me and he is a true blue Atenean. He was not supposed to go to Ateneo for college but I guess he wanted it that much that he failed the UPCAT (on purpose???) and did not even bother to get the results for a chance of reconsideration. Anyway, I think he may have a couple of aspects in his college life that I envied (no bitter feelings here, I'm also happy for him that he did those things). For one, he was very active in his organization, he was VP I think. Well, there was a time that I was also active, maybe for a sem and over one summer? Hahaha. This is something that employers look for in applicants (trust me). Companies want leaders and a position in an org would indeed be helpful.
Instructions: Select desired size. Print. Place near mouse holes.
Kidding!

Next would be him being a part of Ateneo's rowing team. It's no dragonboat but it's still pretty impressive. He even got to represent Ateneo (or pati the country ba?) three times in an annual competition in Malaysia. Now, that's something really great!

Row, row, row your boat!
And last would probably be the leniency of my parents. During my time, and maybe because I'm a girl, I had to be home at a reasonable time on weekdays and I can rarely go out past midnight on weekends (thus the hundreds of sneaking out incidents).

So my bottom line is, Louie, if you are reading this, you have so many things to be thankful for. Not just those stuff that I mentioned but about a million other stuff as well. I know you do not always get what you want but believe me, mom and dad are doing their best to give us what they think is best for us. And given your background, I am sure you will snag a great job (even if it will kill me if you land a better job than I did). Just don't waste too much time on your networking thing. Take a breather and then start looking for work! (pressure? Haha. Take your time).

Next brother is my least favorite. Before he came along, I was the star. Haha. But really, Marty is a genius. He is a consistent honor student and he even claims that he barely studies! Anyway, Marty will definitely do well whether in UP or Ateneo. Just a couple of tips. Don't give in to peer pressure and don't do anything illegal! Haha! Kidding!

Note: Sorry I have no photos of Marty, I can't access his photos in Facebook.

But seriously, I love you both even if I seem indifferent at times.

P.S. Jaime and Nikki I'll also write a post on your graduation when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment