Friday, May 31, 2013

A Night with Beautiful Empowered Women and Good Company

Wacoal sponsored Mrs. Philippines-Globe, a pageant whose goal is to empower married women an single mothers. It's refreshing to see that the pageant does not discriminate against unmarried women, giving them an equal right to join such activities.

Even if I am single, I was inspired by these women to chase my dreams. I got to know them a little bit more during my interview with the candidates and their stories were not only inspiring, but touching as well.

Attending the pageant night was indeed worth my time and effort. The women had the poise, grace and attitude to walk the runway. Let's just take note that activities like these can serve as an avenue for women to be empowered. But even without joining pageants and other socio-civic organizations, women should realize that our own power lies within ourselves.

My purple and blue dinner at Sofitel

Criteria for judging

The ladies in their swimwear by Danny Oboc

The ladies in their cocktail wear by Arnold Galang


Gowns by Ronald Enrico, Pablo Cabahug, Edwin Uy, and Jonti Martinez 
The winners: (L-R): 3rd runner-up Jessica Eribal, 2nd runner-up Rachel Anne Felix, Mrs. Philippines-Globe 2013 Ruby Jane Lehmann,
Woman of Substance Rizza Padilla-Singson, 1st runner-up Madelle Paltu-ob
Last year's winners
Wacoal Career Woman of the Year, Madelle Paltu-ob was also Best in Talent and 1st Runner-Up 
The winners with the Wacoal representatives: Arlene Abello, Michelle Diaz (me) and Concel Pangilinan
With my colleague, Concel



No comments:

Post a Comment