Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Top Things To Do While Waiting For This Rainy Situation To Pass

I know. The rain is pouring non-stop and there's nothing I can do but sit and wait. Being at home with an internet connection and cable TV is apparently not enough to keep me occupied. The news is starting to depress and worry the $%^# out of me.

So anyway, here's a list of what I could do (maybe you can do these as well).
  1. Check on your pets. Make sure that they are ok. In case you need to evacuate, please think of their welfare. Will you bring them with you? If not, make sure to leave them in a safe and secure place. Thinking of the pets that drowned during Ondoy just makes me sick.
  2. Pray. Thank God that you are safe. Or if you're on the lashing end of mother nature, ask that help will come your way and those who need it.
  3. Check on your friends. You might find that one of them really needs help.
  4. Master your Tetris skills. I really suck at this game. I need to be at a certain high in order to win in this game. Otherwise, I'm probably the lousiest player ever. (Looks like I still have it, I'm still winning.)
  5. Put your speakers on full volume and dance like crazy. Can't go out for a run or to the gym? This is one of the best ways to burn calories. Plus, you get to practice your mad dance moves in private.
  6. Sing your heart out. Well, except for me and all the others who are tone-deaf. Let's not make the weather worse.
  7. Start reading or finish Fifty Shades of Grey. Find out what the craze is all about. (I still don't get it.)
  8. Stalk your crush on Facebook, Twitter or whatever social media site. Find out if he/she is ok despite all the heavy rains and flooding.
  9. If you still got nothing to do, stalk your frenemies. (But you can skip this part. We can always do with a little less negativity.)
  10. Watch Enchanted on Disney channel. Who knows what a little magic can do?
  11. Sort your clothes and stuff. Lord knows you got several tops and bottoms that you have no plans of wearing anymore. (Well, I know I do.) Do a good deed and donate these to those in need.
  12. And while you're at it, go clean your room.
  13. Wrestle with your siblings. My brothers and my sister used to run around the house chasing each other and tickling and teasing each other to death. (Are we too old for that? We rarely do it nowadays.)
And if the list above is of no help, just put your phone beside you and wait for that person to text you.
Note: No need for your heart to jump or skip a beat every time your phone beeps. I bet it's 1/10 that it's the person you are waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment