Saturday, October 20, 2012

Balancing on a Tight Rope

I know. I should be reading and working on my paper due on Monday. That's what I've been telling myself for the past week. I even took a one day leave from work so I can work on it. Sadly, I'm still staring at a blank document for the past hour.

It's all about balance they say. Work + family + friends + me time = non-existent for me. Lately, it's been all about work. I was out last Wednesday with Khalil and Tani, buying a gift for our dear goddaughter Lexi. It took us HOURS just to pick the right gift and a long time waiting for it to be wrapped. Anyway, Khalil noticed that I was too workaholic. In the few hours that we spent together, I made more than four work-related phone calls and I was busy typing away messages on my phone. Yes, it was a fail leave.

Or at times, it's been work and friends or work and family only. I've never accomplished balancing everything at the same time. Good thing I'm on the last two modules of my Digital Marketing thing. But it made me start to think about my plans to take my master's degree. I don't think I can manage working and studying at the same time.  Just thinking about it is giving me a headache. So what to do, what to do? It's like I've been contemplating about this since forever. It's exhausting. 

So I found a resolution. I will stop worrying and just see where the road will lead me. I'm sure the universe will not give me a situation I can't handle. It may be difficult but I'm sure I will learn something from whatever challenges I will encounter.

So for now, I have to get back to writing that paper on eCommerce. After all, I'm so near the finish line, I can't afford to slack off now. 

Hello again blank page!

No comments:

Post a Comment