Saturday, March 2, 2013

I love you Ozzy!

So I was super sad last night (well, until today) that I wrote a very emotional blog in the wee hours of the morning using Blogger on my phone. Guess what? I got so exhausted afterwards that I was not able to press the save button. And now, it's gone!!!

So Ozzy went to heaven yesterday. When my mom called me to tell me the news, I was so shocked that I could not help but burst into tears in public. I was initially mad and upset because my parents did not tell me that Ozzy got sick. Had I known about this, I would have brought her to a vet friend's clinic. Yes, she was brought to a vet, but it was probably a lousy one - she died. I wouldn't mind paying for the tests and medicines and all other expenses if she was only given a chance to live. Today is supposed to be her return check-up to the vet, and she just had to go yesterday. :(

Ozzy was a black labrador given to us by my ninang. Ozzy initially lived in a condo where noisy animals were not allowed so she had to be debarked. I guess this fact alone already made me Ozzy's champion, it made me want her to be treated in a special way. I always brought home treats and I taught her how to sit when given the command.  She especially liked those huge rawhides and it was her challenge to get to the core first before eating the outer part. I found it a bit weird but at the same time I was delighted because she was special in her own way. I even bugged and begged my parents to let Ozzy stay inside the house even if I knew it was out of the question.



There was a point last night that I was so mad with my parents. I felt like they did not give Ozzy the best care they could give. They showered Nanuk, my brother's mini pin, more favors. And since Nanuk is a small dog, he had the privilege of living inside the house. 

Having a dog is not just about having an animal to feed and bathe. Since animals cannot talk, it is our responsibility, as owners to make sure that our pets are healthy. Regular tests and vitamins, or whatever, are needed to ensure that they are in tip-top shape. Being weak is not the only sign pets are sick. Sometimes, they act totally normal but there is something going on already in the inside. It's no use blaming my parents. They are also mourning with our loss. I should also have done the things I could - like getting Ozzy and taking care of her the way I want to. But what's done is done. I know I'll get over this but please, let me grieve. Give me the time to be sad. After all Ozzy is my other baby.



For my dear Ozzy, have fun in heaven. You can run with the wind, play with other dogs and have a feast. Say hi to Jemima and Fatso for me!
_______________________________________________________________________________

"Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, 
and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day."
~ Josh Grogan

"I look at life as a gift of God. Now that He wants it back I have no right to complain."
~ Joyce Cary






No comments:

Post a Comment