Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Make-up Brush Cleaning 101

Before I started working, I never cleaned my brushes. After all, I barely wore make-up. But now that wearing make-up is part of my everyday outfit, I get OC that my brushes are like a petri dish breeding bacteria (eww) so I just have to wash them regularly.

I don't use special make-up brush cleaners. My best friend, Tasha, taught me to use dishwashing soap to help remove oil and dirt. But I prefer using my shampoo with the cleaning. I think it leaves the bristles of the brush softer. The smell is also better.

I usually clean my brushes once a month although there are times when I'm too busy that I get to clean them once every two months. My tip is to do it monthly. Also, invest on a good set of brushes. Try Suesh. Their personal sets and brushes are affordably priced. Plus, you know that you're getting quality. The metal parts don't rust and the hair/bristles are oh so soft.

Steps in cleaning make-up brushes

  1. Dilute dishwashing liquid or shampoo in water.
  2. Swirl the brush in water. 
  3. Massage the bristles to make sure the dirt inside is removed.
  4. Rinse.
  5. Put the brushes on top of a paper towel and let it dry.

I prefer to have a small basin or a tupperware which holds the water so I can see how dirty my brushes are. This also serves as a reminder that I should clean my brushes regularly.

Have fun and enjoy cleaning your make-up paraphernalia! ;)

My blush brush


Swirl. Swirl. Swirl.


Murky water

No comments:

Post a Comment