Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Lola Anecdote #2: Cough Medicine

As my body is racked with continuous coughing, I suddenly remembered Lola Tita. The last time I was coughing like a maniac, I was still living in her house. She recommended that I try a cough medicine that she got from Tita Ayet. I remember snapping at her since the medicine did not take effect right away. Yes, I'm not proud of doing that but I was in so uncomfortable and having a hard time already.

But I also remember that after hurting my lola's feelings, I would always cuddle her and tell her that I was sorry and I love her. I am glad that I was able to tell her those precious words time and again before she left us.

Lola, I miss you. Sometimes I still go through the motions of living without thinking that you are now gone since there's still a part of me that refuses to believe it.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us every day. 
Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed and very dear. 
- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment