Saturday, December 31, 2011

bye 2011, hello 2012!

2011 is about to end, how quickly time flies by. In general, 2011 has been my most stable year. I’m with one company from January to December and everything else was blasé. No major issues, no flaring drama. A bit boring but there were also lots of memorable trips. It was my first time in Boracay last January and it was really a blast. Even if my companions were not that game for several water activities, it was enough that the beach was perfect. Staying in station 1 was very peaceful and relaxing, the sand pristine and the weather was great. There were very few people so my vacation was not overcrowded, no polluted waters.

Walking along the beach of Boracay.


March: Tani and I ‘backpacked’ in Cebu. We stayed in different hotels and resorts each night. Very tiring but worth it, expereienced both the city and the beach. Cebu Lechon was simply the best!
A view of the horizon from the resort.

Summer was the company outing in Bataan. A very short trip but Las Casas Filipinas de Azucar was beautiful. The first UP building can even be found there! Amazing!
Unibersidad ng Pilipinas: The 1st buidling
Next trip was later this year with my chix. Simply fun, fun, fun! First barkada getaway. It’s good we got together before Khalil took her long vacation and Tasha left for Qatar. Next vacation, we must be complete. Bellarocca? Hahaha.

Puerto Galera with the chix.
Four vacations in a year, not bad. I hope I can top that these coming years. So far, I already have two trips planned. Where to next?

2011 was also a year where some friendships ended and some even blossomed. It’s a bit sad but well, life goes on. This year also taught me a lot of things like a great deal of patience and being content with what I got. Content in terms of being happy with what I have and not complaining. But at the same time, I still have my eyes on my dream. Hopefully, this 2012, I would be able to pursue my MA at a very good, if not the best, school.

I am 23 now and I’ve always thought that I would have accomplished more at this age. There’s no use regretting past decisions. Dwelling on those would not help me at all. This coming year, I promise to do my best in everything to do and I hope that I will finally be able to blaze my own trail towards my dream. It’s time to take risks. Walking on the safe side won’t get me anywhere. Time to make my own adventure!

And last but not the least, I want to thank You for all the blessings and abundance in 2011. Please continue to shower us with Your love, blessings and abundance these coming years.

Starting the new year with my loves. Feliz año nuevoİ

Happy New Year! With love, Mikey and Shakti.

No comments:

Post a Comment