Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Melancholia



It’s December once again and it will be Christmas in a couple of weeks. Most people feel the rush and their joy is simply contagious. However, for the past couple of years, there are certain times when I’m alone and I feel a wave of sadness which I could not fathom.  I hate, hate, hate sad and slow Christmas tunes because when I hear those kind of songs, I either feel nauseus or on the edge of tears. I could not understand why I feel that way. I always feel that Christmas is such a special occasion as there are so many things to be thankful for. And yet, I feel like something is missing. Is it possible that I expect too much and end up disappointed? Is it missing childhood traditions? I don’t know.

Aside from feeling a little blue, I also get a little bit more nervous than usual. News of bad things happening especially during this season makes me want to hide at home. Jeeps, buses and even cabs are not safe. (Affirmation: The world is safe. I am safe.) I would rather have a couple of hundreds in my wallet than have tons of cash and get scared out of my wits each time I go out. After all, let the credit and debit cards serve their purpose.  Hahaha.

Let's end with a happy note so here are some of the many things that make me happy.

My pretty Shakti girl


The amazing smell of the douglas fir tree. Super bango!



No comments:

Post a Comment