Friday, October 26, 2012

The Blackberry Bold 9900


I've been using the Blackberry for the past two or so months. At first, I did not have a clue how to use the device. I managed basic calling and texting but other than that, I didn't know what else to do with the phone.

After having used an iPhone for the past year, it was a big adjustment for me to have a Blackberry for a phone. I wanted a Blackberry ever since I was in highschool. And now that I have it, let's just say that I am not super thrilled.

It's a bit difficult to navigate and the interface is very different, especially that of Facebook and Twitter.

I have adjusted a bit now and I can do more than texting and calling. But I still can't figure out how to do a screen capture without buying an app. I can take pictures but the camera is not that spectacular  Yes, it has a flash but that's it. Quality is not that high except if the lighting is super perfect.

Calling people is also a bit weird for me. I'm not sure if my cheeks are just big or what. But most of the time when I'm on the phone, my cheek would accidentally press hold, add participant, speaker or mute. Yes, it's a touch and type kind of phone and it sometimes drives me crazy.

BBM? It's so-so. I don't have tons of friends using the BB so my BBM is not maximized (even if I'm subscribed to the service).

On the other hand, what I like the most about the blackberry is that I can easily open and edit documents without paying for any app. It's very helpful with work.

As for the different blackberry models, the Blackberry Bold 9900 is supposed to be one of the top-of-the-line models. But I feel like I could get a phone with better features at half the price.

I don't recommend buying a Blackberry at this time especially when there are rumors that Blackberry is going down and about to close soon.

To cap it off, I think I will be going back to the iPhone soon. I miss all the apps, especially Instagram. If I can't afford the ridiculous price of the iPhone 5, I do hope my dad will switch phones soon so I can have his 4s. Otherwise, I'll settle with an android, or I'll just live with this Blackberry. Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment