Sunday, June 16, 2013

Freedom

I have always been worried when we would bump into each other. I'm not sure how I will act. Will I play it cool? Will I be a snob? I don't want you or other people to think that I am still affected with the series of events that happened several years ago. The thing is I always reprimand myself for being young and stupid back then.

Indeed, seeing you again has been a little bit weird. But surprisingly, I no longer harbor ill feelings. I just realized that what's done is done. There is nothing else I can do about it. What I can control now are the things that I will do now and in the future. Being mad and hurt will no longer change what happened.

I wish I could have seen you earlier. But then again, I guess things happen for a reason. I'm just glad that I was finally able to set myself free from the regret that was eating me.

No comments:

Post a Comment