Sunday, December 15, 2013

Reasons Why I love My 2013 Singapore Trip

I love travelling. Who doesn't? There were many things why this trip is very different from my previous Singapore trip and all the other trips I've been to.
  1. ALL the places I've visited this time were new to me. Even if Clarke Quay and the Merlion Park are very famous landmarks (which has been there for ages), it was my first time to visit these tourist spots.
  2. It was my first international trip with my work friends.
  3. I acted as the leader and navigator. I was the one who had to keep my companions on their toes when it comes to the itinerary and I was the one telling them what train station we had to transfer to or alight at. And yes, we never took a cab in this trip!
  4. I conquered my fear of heights at the Singapore Flyer! Yey!
  5. I loved Universal Studios. No explanation needed.
  6. We had a little side trip to Legoland Malaysia and I loved feeling like a kid-at-heart again.
  7. I realized that I am a happy backpacker. Well, not literally. My suitcase was so full that I thought I might exceed the baggage allowance. The point is, I was able to stay in a very crampy and cheap hostel! Yes, believe me when I say that it was not so comfortable but it can do since we only slept in the hostel about 5-7 hours per day.
  8. Charles and Keith is loooove. I went a little overboard with shopping but everything was so cheap and tax-free!
  9. Our airfare and tickets to the attractions were bought at a very good price!
  10. And most of all, I paid for everything. There's no mommy or dad or lola who paid for anything!
_________________________________________________________________________________

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
― Marcel Proust

No comments:

Post a Comment